YAMI4Industry - Messaging for Critical Systems
YAMI4Industry is a dedicated package that is part of YAMI4 project, which is a set of messaging libraries designed for distributed systems with particular focus on control and monitoring systems.
This dedicated package is intended for further adaptation on embedded target platforms and
in those project that choose the MISRA-C coding standard to facilitate static analysis,
certification, audits and other forms of formal validations.
The major features of YAMI4Industry package are:
- 100% test coverage with documented statement and MC/DC analysis
- compatibility with the MISRA-C:2012 coding standard
- no dependency on the C run-time library
- well-defined subset of POSIX primitives that the library relies on
- extremely small and statically predictable memory and resource footprint
- support for both TCP and UDP transport layers
- wire-level protocol compability with other YAMI4 libraries
- optional message broker that can route messages between nodes based on their subscription patterns
- API reference, also available as part of the downloadable package
- yami4industry-misra.pdf - MISRA-C and POSIX standard compatibility report and system requirements, intended to document and justify all deviations from the MISRA-C coding standard and to explain the library expectations with regard to the target platform
See the YAMI4 homepage for more information of the complete YAMI4 product suite.
Licensing and Download
The YAMI4Industry package is dual-licensed and is available in the following two versions:
- GPL package General Public License, version 3, with intended use for product evaluation, student or academic projects and for all those open-source projects where the conditions of the GPL license are appropriate and which do not need to rely on technical support.
- Professional package: Boost Software License, with intended use in both closed-source (which is a frequent choice in commercial projects) and open-source developments where dedicated technical support is required.
The following GPL package is available for download (contact us for details on professional package):
Need more information about the YAMI4 MISRA-C package? Do not hesitate to ask.